In addition to optimizing website for mobile devices, Morces provides comprehensive set of social tool such as Google map, Social Media, and dialler for users to better attract targeted customers.
Not only it has provided the convenience to bring in additional sale leads from the new mobile consumer market, it brings an opportunity for non-technical owners to explore and keep up to mobile technology without need of technical knowledge.
Please read below the interview that we have conducted with Mr. Wong pertaining to his new start-up “Morces.com”:
1. What is it exactly that you do and what “Morces” is all about?
We work on a platform that puts website on mobile. Simply say, Morces is a mobile web platform that builds optimized website for perfect view and function in mobile devices.
2. What stage is “Morces” at?
We are in the growing stage when we witnessed surge in user base and network usage.
3. What is “Morces” business model and how does it work?
Freemium model. Morces goes all out to improve business-client interactivity via mobile web platform.
Users simply need to register an account at our main website to create up to 5 mobile sites. Creating professional mobile website is as simple as typing in content, customizing the color, arranging the widget/page position and putting a set of code into their main website to deploy.
No restriction on the bandwidth, number of pages with free account.
4. How did your team meet? And who in your team does what?
We thought there are some features missing in most website that we visited via smart phones. And so, we met up in a Subway restaurant to conceptualize our idea to improve the eco-system in existing Internet.
Derek / CEO – Research & Development on the platform.
Bryan / COO – Marketing and Sales.
5. What, exactly, makes you different from existing options, what will make your product and/or service stand out in the marketplace? in other words What’s unique about you and what’s new about what you make?
Our ultimate goal is not to compete but to help as many users go mobile as possible. We are all supportive of users to choose their suitable web agencies.
Morces is a free platform so that users can exploit for as many purposes as possible such as event promotion or mobile branding.
Morces is more than just building mobile website; we focus on functionality to improve business-client interactivity which is currently inadequate in mobile web environment.
6. What is your growth like? and what milestones has “Morces” achieved so far?
User base is climbing healthy as we witnessed bigger organization like National Youth Council of Singapore joined our network.
We launched our system in December 2011. Do expect further enhancement to the current platform!
7. Who are your competitors?
Mobify. They are a respectable competitor strong in their engineering and brand.
8. What obstacles did you face and how did you overcome them?
Many companies are not convinced by the fact that mobile website is the next important mode of searches in consumer behavior.
Building professional mobile website can be easy yet free. They will be convinced by how much leads it can bring once they are on mobile. Why spend unnecessary money and time to build a simple mobile site when users can create a professional optimized mobile site with Morces in just a couple of minutes. Morces help businesses to save development costs and drive efficiency significantly.
9. What are the key things about your field that outsiders don’t understand?
Free product is not always the worst product. We make this free because we value the importance of how much value can a mobile website bring to businesses and we want to encourage the use of that.
Similarly, paid service may not always be the best solution.
10. Why are you going to succeed?
This could be the best idea that both of us can work together. It is a matter of how successful this project will be.
11. If “Morces” succeeds, what additional areas might you be able to expand into?
Propose a joint venture with alliance to see how much new depth we can explore.
12. Why did you choose this idea and concept to build “Morces” based on?
We are now living in era of mobile technology and not everyone is technology savvy. So, we wanted to create a solution to keep everyone up to date with the latest mobile technology.
13. What have you learned so far from launching your idea?
Business is more than just making and selling a product. It is a test on balancing, stretching and balancing resources.
14. Six months from now, what’s going to be your biggest problem?
Convince more people to go mobile.
15. What’s the benefit for the user?
A mobile website can draw mobile consumers to user’s business. It is integrated with app functionality such as Google map or one click access to dialer or e-mail shopkeeper. In addition to that, user can use QR generator to print QR code for running campaign and track performance using integrated Google Analytics.
16. How did customers and/or users find out about you?
We are up for several reviews. It is also through recommendation over the network that people have joined us.
17. Who are your current users? Who are your target users?
Agencies like National Youth Council of Singapore and medical centers are using us. We are targeting businesses to put their website on mobile.
18. Where do new users come from and what makes new users try you?
HTML 5 is a difficult course to study.
Morces is extremely easy to use. Simply type content, drag and drop page/widgets and copy and paste a code to deploy it.
19. What do your users say about your product and/or service?
A sample below:
“Our company recently hired an inbound marketing seo company. They brought to my attention that we weren’t using a mobile website. I had never created a mobile website before, and wasn’t sure of what the specs were supposed to be to make it compatible with all phone types and tablets. So, I searched the web and I tried a few sites that claimed to create one for you. However, they were all either too complicated, too basic or overpriced. I continued my Google search and stumbled upon Morces. I was both elated and surprised at the fact that they offered such an efficient and free product. I created a mobile website for my company in 1 hour. I was even able to create a QR code.Morces is an awesome product with excellent customer support. I will be referring my clients as well. Thanks. “
T. Norris, thecore.tv – http://www.thecoretraining. com
20. How are you going to scale?
Morces is still new and we have plenty of features to be improved. Watch out for our blog for future updates. http://www.morces.com/blog/
21. What’s the biggest missing feature? The one thing customers keep asking for?
The current version is a standard layout of Morces mobile website.
22. Are you going to internationalize?
23. How big do you think you can get?
24. Are you looking to hire a new workforce? And if yes, what job vacancies do you currently have?
Yes. Computer Science Engineer who gives the same passion as the vision for Morces.D
25. Are you looking for partnership opportunities or funding from Venture Capitals (VC) or other funding sources? Or your business is self-sustainable?
Yes, we are looking for partnership opportunities
26. Finally, what advice do you have for fresh entrepreneurs?
Sustainability is the key factor to success.