We had an interesting chat with Mr. “Malte Warczinski”, Founder & Managing Director Berlin – Germany based start-up “UBERFORCE”
Below is the interview we conducted with him:
1. What is it exactly that you do and what your start-up is all about?
We take start ups to the next level! UBERFORCE is a Salesforce consultancy for start ups with deep start ups experience, decades of Salesforce know-how, and competitive pricing. We tailor Salesforce-CRM extensively to cater to the needs of any business model imaginable. We strive to empower our clients to really focus on their clients.
2. When has your startup been founded? And what stage is your startup currently at?
We have been founded on the 11.11.2014. So UBERFORCE is a very young company looking to position ourselves as the #1 CRM consultancy for start ups. Currently we are striving to build up a team of the most skilled business analysts and developers across europe. CVs are not the most important thing in our hiring process: We want people who dream big, have fun and get shit done!
3. What is your startup’s business model and how does it work?
We are a start up consultancy. We hold one day workshops with our clients to fully understand their business model and specific processes. We then conceptualize a solution and offer. If the client decides to work with us, we directly get on it and create a killer CRM which will make every customer feel appreciated and happy.
4. How did your team meet? And who in your team does what?
The founder-team relationship goes way back! We have known each other from grade school or have worked together for several years in our former companies. We feel like a big family working towards the same goal: world domination (:
5. What, exactly, makes you different from existing options, what will make your product and/or service stand out in the marketplace? In other words what’s unique about you and what’s new about what you make?
We, as opposed to regular Salesforce consultancies, take the time to fully and accurately assess the situation at hand and communicate closely with the client. We know the burdens every start up encounters and offer more than just awesome CRM solutions: we offer start up experience. We offer beneficial pricing regarding our own services but can also pass on exclusive conditions in regards to Salesforce-licensing for our start ups clients.We work fast, clean and accurately!
6. What is your growth like? And what milestones has your startup achieved so far?
We have built up a team of 18 very smart and skilled UBERFORCERS but are constantly looking for new talent. Again, more important than a perfect cv is the general culture fit! Business Analysts, Salesforce Developers and smart people in general!
7. Who are your competitors? And what is your start-up’s competitive advantage over them?
Our competitors are the big Salesforce agencies. Our advantage is that we focus on the niche start ups, are much faster and accurate. Most importantly, we offer a pricing structure for start ups.
8. What obstacles did you face and how did you overcome them?
No obstacles encountered. Only challenges which are to be mastered! We dream big and get done what is necessary to achieve greatness! Obstacles only exist in our minds as an excuse to go the easy way!
9. What are the key things about your field that outsiders don’t understand?
CRM is crucial for the success of every modern business model. IT is not a cost area, it has turned into a value generating part of the company like sales and marketing. Customers have to be in the spot light at all times! if not, they have enough options to switch too.
10. Why are you going to succeed?
Because we have a awesome team with great talents! We know our way around the start ups scene and exactly know what start ups need. We don`t just talk and dream, we get shit done!
11. If your startup succeeds, what additional areas might you be able to expand into?
We want to found a non profit foundation to provide our services to NGOs free of charge. Giving back is very important to us and the responsibility of every successful enterprise!
12. Why did you choose this idea and concept to build your start-up based on?
Because the Salesforce market in europe is widely untouched. Especially for start ups there are no affordable consultancies in this area! We want to bring CRM to every company, no matter the size.
13. What have you learned so far from launching your idea?
The TEAM is everything! Hard work pays out! You just have to go out and get it! Failing is not an option! Live your idea and give it your all, or do it half heartedly and fail. The choice lies within us!
14. Six months from now, what’s going to be your biggest problem?
Having enough space in our office and coordinating all the different developments! Our internet-bill will be pretty high aswell(:
No, seriously: I think it will be a tough cookie to keep the overview of all team members, the different locations we will have set up and satisfying every single one of our clients to the best of our abilities!
15. What’s the benefit for the customer/user?
- Solutions that really fit to their businesses
- competitive pricing
- advise from experienced entrepreneurs and start up connoisseurs
- Absolute commitment
- flexible and easy going working atmosphere (not corporate)
16. How did customers / users find out about you?
Mainly through our own network. We were unhappy with the services provided to us by the existing Salesforce agencies, so we started developing our own solutions. Word got out and bäääm! We were in the middle of founding our own consultancy.
17. Who are your current customers / users? Who are your target customers / users?
Start ups! mainly e commerce and insurance businesses who want to update and optimize their processes. But also legal consultancies are developing great interest in ramping up their IT sections!
18. Where do new customers / users come from and what makes new customers/users try you?
Networking and word of mouth! Delivering great project results is the best marketing available. Especially the start ups szene is know for its vast amount of communication between the c levels of the different companies and disciplines. If a service has been more than just satisfactory, the postive experience will be shared!
19. What do your customers / users say about your product and/or service?
They think its really fast, easy to handle and cost efficient. They love working with us because we take the time to always be available for them during, but also after the project has been completed.
20. How are you going to scale?
We are growing pretty quickly at the moment. For now, I don`t think this will change very soon. Our plan is to build offices in all big start up centers throughout europe. So growing never really stops!
21. What’s the biggest missing feature? The one thing customers/users keep asking for?
Being able to implement a solution which covers all the different areas of the enterprise within one project. Once our clients see the benefits of the Salesforce solutions when tailored to their company, they become very impatient to have the remaining areas covered asap.
22. Are you going to internationalize? And if yes how are you planning to expand your start-up’s operations accordingly?
In alignment with question 20, we want to expand throughout europe. At the moment we are located in Berlin, Barcelona and Bucharest. We will soon be setting up offices in Zurich, Munich, vienna and London. Its going to be great!
23. How big do you think you can get? Why? And how you are planning to achieve your goals?
Actually its not about the size of the company but about the quality of the work done and the efficiency of the processes at hand. But with that being said, I estimate us to reach 200 + UBERFORCERS within in the next 3 years.
24. Are you looking to hire a new workforce? And if yes, what job vacancies do you currently offer and where can potential applicants contact you at?
Always! We continuously look for talented people who dream big, don’t take themselves too seriously and want to put in work. Mainly we search for Salesforce Developers and Business Analysts with Salesforce-experience. But we also always need designers, web developers, mobile developers, etc. So if you are interested please approach us at anytime!
25. Are you looking for partnership opportunities or funding from Venture Capitals (VC) or other funding sources? Or your business is self-sustainable? And if the first option applies where can potential partners / investors contact you at?
Our business has been self-sustainable from the start. We are not looking for external investment at the moment, but we still want to make contact with vc’s! We are Salesforce’s official Partners for implementation. What we are even prouder of though is that we are Salesforce`s preferred partner for start ups!
26. What advice do you have for fresh entrepreneurs?
Commit! Fight! Never give up! You have to really be passionate about what you do and dream big! Gather the right people around you and start kicking some ass! Because if you don`t, your competition will!